Thursday, September 4, 2014

Biography of Sir Christopher Pissarides.



Sir Christopher Antoniou Pissarides.

-> Born in Feb 20th, 1948 in the village of Agros, Greece, he is one of the leading minds in the field of labor market. He had the honor to be awarded for the Nobel prize in 2010 for his influential theory of search and matching theory of interactions between the labor market and the macro economy. 

    He received his B.A. in Economics in 1970 and M.A. in Economics in 1971 at the University of Essex. He then had his PhD in Economics in 1973 in the London School of Economics. He has been Regius Professor of Economics in London School of Economics ever since 1976.

    I never knew him before I got my alias. However, due to the chaotic unemployment problems soaring all over the world, he gives me a spark for the unemployment problems worldwide.

Citation/Sources:

Sir Christopher Pissarides Website
:http://christopherpissarides.com/

Wikipedia: Christopher A. Pissarides
:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_A._Pissarides

2 comments:

  1. Pissarides is a collaborator with Dale Mortensen, with whom he shared the Nobel Prize. I had Mortensen for a prof at Northwestern in a class on Micro Foundations of Macroeconomics. Search was a big part of that. So were implicit contracts. We'll talk about both of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really both envy and admire your experience with such a renown figure in economics. As I myself is a seeker of economic knowledge, I feel like I can really learn much from you, professor Arvan. Thank you for the reply, and I hope to hear much of your fascinating stories inside/outside of the class :)

      Delete